Why you need a Licensed Immigration Adviser
If you’re considering a move to New Zealand, you’re already aware of your first step – the visa application. You know, that lengthy document requiring almost endless amounts of supporting evidence and box ticking with a healthy dose of jargon thrown in.
Filling in your visa application can feel like a full time job in itself and can be full of pitfalls where one mistakenly ticked box can land you in the waiting pile rather than the accepted one.
Luckily, there is a way to prevent you inflicting visa application-related damage on your computer. Enter Licensed Immigration Advisors, those angels in office clothing who are there to guide you through the immigration process and successfully secure your visa.
For those of you wondering if you really need to use Licensed Immigration Advisors, read on:
- Licensed Immigration Advisors know New Zealand’s visa system inside out. It’s their job to keep up to date with the latest policy changes - their on-going professional licensing requirements require them to do this. They have a wealth of insider knowledge about the system – make the most of it.
- They’re licensed with a regulatory body. Gaining their license means that they’ve completed a rigorous process to enter the industry – and on-going professional development is required to continue to renew this license each year. This means they work to a strict code of conduct and ethics which is enforceable – and that you and your interests are protected. It’s a guarantee that they’re working in your best interests.
- They can liaise with Immigration New Zealand and your employer on your behalf. If you’ve ever tried to ring a government department, you’ll know it can be an exasperating, confusing experience. Working with a Licensed Immigration Advisor means you don’t have to make lengthy phone calls. They can also ensure your application meets policy and has the best chance of a successful outcome.
- They can create an immigration plan with you. Licensed Immigration Advisors are like satnavs, there to guide you successfully through the complex twists and turns of New Zealand’s visa system. Licensed Immigration Advisors can work with you, understanding what your goals are, and what your timeline expectations are. They can then put a plan in place to help you achieve those.
- They can offer a different perspective on your immigration options. Licensed Immigration Advisors are nice people, who can offer you sound, honest feedback on what your options are and advice on the process. You may even get information that you hadn’t considered that puts a new spin on the direction you thought you wanted to take. Whatever happens, you’ll come away feeling wiser and more knowledgeable.
- They love paperwork. Let’s face it, piles of paperwork is no one’s idea of a good time – so let someone else who knows what they’re doing deal with it for you.